I have decided to upgrade my first DSLR Canon 1000D. I have explored it for 2 years and done with around 6k shots. Recently in a trip to Thadiyantamol, my fellow
trekker carrying a EOS XXX camera (I am not remembering which model, mine is EOS XXXX model ) and I have used it. I was little surprised the way it handled dynamic range shots or high tone shots. I have postponed all the trips until I complete upgrading my current camera gear.
I have sold the camera to a free lance corporate trainer who want to donate the camera to a blind school based in Mysore. It took almost three months to decide on which mount(Canon , Nikon or Sony) and which model I should buying after completing lots of googling and vising shops(and then I stopped going to malls as they started identifying me !!) . Finally I decided to stick to Canon brand with either Canon 600D 18-135mm or Canon 60D 18-55mm . The biggest confusion i ever came across was to decide between which one out of these two. It took me almost two months to arrive at a conclusion.
Both camera's are well equipped with features and 60D being categorized to semi-pro model and 600D classified as advanced amateur category.
Canon 60D tops on the below features over 600D
1. All the nine point AF sensors are cross type and high sensitive (f/2.6 at the centre) where in 600D have one cross type sensor at the centre out of the nine AF points.
2.Build quality is better than 600D and have better weather sealing.
3. Burst rate of 5.3fps compared to 3.7fps in 600D
4. Shutter speed upto 1/8000 as compared to 1/4000 in 600D.
5. Canon 60D features a larger, brighter penta-prism viewfinder.
6. b/w LCD screen on the top for additional info
It's very clear that, I wont be using all these professional features much. Because of I dont have a 600mm telephoto, decided to go with Canon 600D with 18-135mm which will give good amount of reach without changing the lens.
Recently I have re-located my house in Bangalore and fortunate to click all the photos below just by sitting in the living room poping the lens out of the window.
5. Canon 60D features a larger, brighter penta-prism viewfinder.
6. b/w LCD screen on the top for additional info
It's very clear that, I wont be using all these professional features much. Because of I dont have a 600mm telephoto, decided to go with Canon 600D with 18-135mm which will give good amount of reach without changing the lens.
Recently I have re-located my house in Bangalore and fortunate to click all the photos below just by sitting in the living room poping the lens out of the window.






No comments:
Post a Comment